In decades past, perfume came in beautiful crystal bottles with either screw tops or attachable atomizers, and could be reused or refilled once empty.
Today, premium perfumes are still presented in gorgeous bottles which many girls (and some guys) would love to reuse or keep as a decorative bottle on a vanity or dresser. Yet those convenient spritzer nozzles that deliver a standard amount of perfume per spray with a single pump don’t come off so easily!
Whether you want to keep your bottles after you’ve used their contents, or you wish to transfer a brand new perfume into a decanter-style perfume bottle, don’t despair – just follow these steps to liberate your spray topper nozzle without fuss.
You’ll find that the actual nozzle will come off quite easily; it’s the topper that requires some know-how and effort…
You will need:
- Your perfume bottle
- A steady surface
- Pliers – lineman pliers, especially VAMPLIERS, will be ideal
- A small knife, like a pocket knife
What to Do:
- Holding the perfume bottle carefully and upright, pull straight up on the nozzle to release it.
- Use scissors or a pocket knife to carefully cut away the plastic encasing the neck of the bottle.
- There is a metal piece that adjoins the neck of the perfume bottle. Very carefully so as not to break the bottle, use the tip of the scissors or the pocket knife inserted under the metal to gently pry it up and away from the bottle. Do this the whole way around the bottle neck.
- Once the metal piece has been fully released from the base of the bottle neck, use your lineman pliers or screw removal pliers to grasp the metal securely. Very gently pull it straight up and off the perfume bottle. If there is still perfume in the bottle, be careful not to spill!
Voila! Your bottle is now free to decant your perfume into another bottle or to reuse your beautiful perfume bottle in some other way.